Diabetics who do home testing often inquire about ways in which they can sell diabetic test strips. The legal nature and the complications that may arise are some of the queries that diabetics try to find a proper answer to. The reason for you to sell glucose strips can range from having got a new meter that does not work with the old strips to your disease having brought under control thus leading to less use of the diabetic test strips. The strips may also be of no use in case of gestational diabetes when after delivery the mother will no longer need the diabetic supplies as the symptoms no longer persist.
Is it Possible to Sell Diabetic Test Strips?
It is perfectly legal to sell diabetic test strips if you legally own them. Since the strips do not need any prescription for purchase, if you have proof of purchase and have not received them through Medicare, you can sell the strips. Though the packed boxes have labels indicating that they are not for resale, it is still legal to sell them as it mainly indicates that it cannot be sold through a retailer. Except in the case of free samples which are indicated in the box, all others can be resold.
Other Factors to Consider While You Sell Diabetic Test Strips
You should also mull over the factors mentioned below.
• To sell diabetic test strips, there is no limit for the number of boxes. You can sell your diabetic testing strips even if it is a single box.
• The package is inspected by the company you are selling it to and you can get payment for your strips after they are inspected thoroughly.
• Payment for the strips is done in three ways, namely through bank transfer, check, and PayPal. A bank transfer will get you cash for strips within 3 business days while a check will reach you within one day. With PayPal, the transfer is immediate and you can purchase online immediately with the money sent.
• Expired test strips usually cannot be resold and the expiry date on the strips that you want to sell should be six months ahead of the date you want to sell.
• Other diabetic supplies like lancets, meters can also be resold.
• Almost all tests strips have the expiration date on the package printed by the manufacturer and also a factory seal. Tampering is with the seal makes it impossible.
Choosing the Right Company
While choosing the company you intend to sell your diabetic test strips and supplies to, you need to look at the support they offer. The company should promptly respond to your queries and clarify your doubts regarding the money for strips they provide and the stipulations on how you need to sell the strips to them. Matters related to the delivery confirmation and payment should be done appropriately and in the most expedient manner possible. Most companies in which you sell diabetic test supplies offer cash for diabetic strips immediately.
Except in case of test strips that have been bought with the help of Medicare, the rest of the strips can be sold legally. Instead of letting your diabetic supplies go unused, you can sell diabetic test strips if the required conditions are met with concern.